From: Mike Snitzer <[email-masked]>

A couple of recent warning messages make it difficult for the reader to
determine exactly what is wrong.  This patch adds more information to
those messages.

The messages were added by these commits:
  5dea271b6d87bd1d79a59c1d5baac2596a841c37 ("dm table: pass correct dev area size
to device_area_is_valid") 
  ea9df47cc92573b159ef3b4fda516c32cba9c4fd ("dm table: fix blk_stack_limits arg
to use bytes not sectors")

The patch also corrects references to logical_block_size in printk format
strings from %hu to %u.

Signed-off-by: Mike Snitzer <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Alasdair G Kergon <[email-masked]>

---
 drivers/md/dm-table.c |   25 ++++++++++++++++++-------
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.31-rc8/drivers/md/dm-table.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.31-rc8.orig/drivers/md/dm-table.c
+++ linux-2.6.31-rc8/drivers/md/dm-table.c
@@ -360,8 +360,12 @@ static int device_area_is_invalid(struct
 		return 0;
 
 	if ((start >= dev_size) || (start + len > dev_size)) {
-		DMWARN("%s: %s too small for target",
-		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md), bdevname(bdev, b));
+		DMWARN("%s: %s too small for target: "
+		       "start=%llu, len=%llu, dev_size=%llu",
+		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md), bdevname(bdev, b),
+		       (unsigned long long)start,
+		       (unsigned long long)len,
+		       (unsigned long long)dev_size);
 		return 1;
 	}
 
@@ -370,7 +374,7 @@ static int device_area_is_invalid(struct
 
 	if (start & (logical_block_size_sectors - 1)) {
 		DMWARN("%s: start=%llu not aligned to h/w "
-		       "logical block size %hu of %s",
+		       "logical block size %u of %s",
 		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md),
 		       (unsigned long long)start,
 		       limits->logical_block_size, bdevname(bdev, b));
@@ -379,7 +383,7 @@ static int device_area_is_invalid(struct
 
 	if (len & (logical_block_size_sectors - 1)) {
 		DMWARN("%s: len=%llu not aligned to h/w "
-		       "logical block size %hu of %s",
+		       "logical block size %u of %s",
 		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md),
 		       (unsigned long long)len,
 		       limits->logical_block_size, bdevname(bdev, b));
@@ -496,8 +500,15 @@ int dm_set_device_limits(struct dm_targe
 	}
 
 	if (blk_stack_limits(limits, &q->limits, start << 9) < 0)
-		DMWARN("%s: target device %s is misaligned",
-		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md), bdevname(bdev, b));
+		DMWARN("%s: target device %s is misaligned: "
+		       "physical_block_size=%u, logical_block_size=%u, "
+		       "alignment_offset=%u, start=%llu",
+		       dm_device_name(ti->table->md), bdevname(bdev, b),
+		       q->limits.physical_block_size,
+		       q->limits.logical_block_size,
+		       q->limits.alignment_offset,
+		       (unsigned long long) start << 9);
+
 
 	/*
 	 * Check if merge fn is supported.
@@ -698,7 +709,7 @@ static int validate_hardware_logical_blo
 
 	if (remaining) {
 		DMWARN("%s: table line %u (start sect %llu len %llu) "
-		       "not aligned to h/w logical block size %hu",
+		       "not aligned to h/w logical block size %u",
 		       dm_device_name(table->md), i,
 		       (unsigned long long) ti->begin,
 		       (unsigned long long) ti->len,