From: Jeff Mahoney <[email-masked]>

In alloc_dev(), we register the device with the block layer and then
continue to initialize the device.  But register_disk() makes
the device available to be opened before we have completed
initialising it.

This patch moves the final bits of the initialization above the disk
registration.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Mahoney <[email-masked]>
Signed-Off-By: Alasdair G Kergon <[email-masked]>

Index: linux-2.6.17-rc4/drivers/md/dm.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.17-rc4.orig/drivers/md/dm.c	2006-06-09 17:17:25.000000000 +0100
+++ linux-2.6.17-rc4/drivers/md/dm.c	2006-06-09 17:17:26.000000000 +0100
@@ -891,6 +891,10 @@ static struct mapped_device *alloc_dev(u
 	if (!md->disk)
 		goto bad4;
 
+	atomic_set(&md->pending, 0);
+	init_waitqueue_head(&md->wait);
+	init_waitqueue_head(&md->eventq);
+
 	md->disk->major = _major;
 	md->disk->first_minor = minor;
 	md->disk->fops = &dm_blk_dops;
@@ -900,10 +904,6 @@ static struct mapped_device *alloc_dev(u
 	add_disk(md->disk);
 	format_dev_t(md->name, MKDEV(_major, minor));
 
-	atomic_set(&md->pending, 0);
-	init_waitqueue_head(&md->wait);
-	init_waitqueue_head(&md->eventq);
-
 	/* Populate the mapping, nobody knows we exist yet */
 	spin_lock(&_minor_lock);
 	old_md = idr_replace(&_minor_idr, md, minor);